There’s nothing more pleasing than a heavy-duty floor that can brighten up your place. This reason is one of the motivations of most homeowners and business people to seek our epoxy garage floor coating services. Maybe you are looking for ways to embellish your new garage with quality work on decorative flooring. Then, you are in the right place!
Epoxy Floor Kansas City is a trusted and top-notch local-based company offering superb floor coating services. We don’t only specialize in high-grade epoxy flooring products, but we also deliver excellent work and quality service! Helping homes and businesses demanding high-caliber epoxy flooring systems is our goal.
Our decades of experience sets us apart from other epoxy flooring contractor companies. We offer broad options for resinous-based applications. All are suitable flooring options for residential and commercial spaces. We make sure that our licensed, bonded, and insured workers achieve the seamless finish for your garage surfaces.
Phone us today (816) 203-1599 for a free, no-obligation quote! Or book an appointment with our Epoxy Garage Floor Kansas City Team! Our friendly customer service will take care of you!
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1. Epoxy Garage Floors Coating: All You Need to Know
- Is Epoxy Floor Coating Similar to Floor Paint?
- Chapter 2. Installing Garage Floors Coating
- Chapter 3. Cleaning and Maintaining Garage Floors Coating
- Chapter 4. Garage Floors Coating: Are They Worth the Money?
- Why Hire a Pro for Your Garage Floors Epoxy Coatings?
Epoxy Garage Floors Coating: All You Need to Know
Before you decorate your old or new garage, take rigorous research and outsourcing of service and materials. It ensures you get your money’s worth. Worry not because here we provide a simple guide for you. Master some basics first, before delving into this uncharted territory!
Is Epoxy Floor Coating Similar to Floor Paint?
Epoxy floor coatings are sometimes confused with floor paints. Both are applied thinly as a top coat using a roller or a brush. The two also adhere to a similar substrate, which is the concrete slab. However, you can point out their notable differences in performance and chemical functions.
For one, a garage floor paint is typically a latex acrylic product. A minimal epoxy percentage is sometimes added to the mix to make it more durable than standard paint. This type of paint is known as “epoxy paint,” with a harder finish. Epoxy, on the other hand, is a thermosetting resin serving as an upper layer coat. It consists of one-part epoxide resin and a one-part polyamine hardener that acts as a catalyst.
In terms of the application process, the paint dries after its solvent (usually an oil- or water-based liquid) evaporates. Meanwhile, genuine epoxy coatings cure through a chemical reaction. Tightly linked polymer chains with superior qualities result from the curing process. The end-product is denser than paint and binds tightly to properly prepped floors. There is no doubt that you can count on epoxy coating for your flooring needs.
Installing Garage Floors Coating
Epoxy installation is foolproof and requires years of experience and skills. Thus, it is best to seek an expert opinion. Here are at Kansas City epoxy garage flooring solutions, we pride ourselves on skilled workers and best practices.
- Moisture incubates molds, promotes mildew growth, and causes curls and bubbles. These problems ultimately lead to adhesive failures. Thus, it is necessary to assess the concrete slab firsthand. Make sure that it is free from moisture and vapor emissions for the best results.
- Before applying an epoxy coating, the desired area should be even. A diamond grinding tool is used at this point. The machine will remove loose cement paste, eliminate surface contaminants, open the concrete pores, and prime rough floors for bonding and adhesion. Most coating malfunctions resulted from incorrect concrete priming. So, ultimately preparing the concrete substrate is vital.
- Patchworks are also critical to make sure that the target area is even with no cracks or bevels. Then, the surrounding area is covered and taped.
- After patching, the area is auto scrubbed and vacuumed to wipe it clean.
- The room humidity should not exceed a percentage of 4%. Otherwise, the flooring installed in your new garage will peel off.
- If selected, the epoxy primer with the 1st broadcast of a Decorative Flake is applied.
- Loose flakes should be scraped and vacuumed.
- A second coat with the 2nd broadcast of flakes is applied.
- Loose flakes are, again, scraped and vacuumed.
- A finishing clear epoxy topcoat finally covers the floor.
- If needed, a protective sealer topcoat is also applied.
What are you waiting for? Contact your local floor coating installers at (816) 203-1599 for a free consultation and cost estimate.
Cleaning and Maintaining Garage Floors Coating
Here’s the catch: polishing and maintaining epoxy-coated garage floors are easier. Since it is dust and dirt resistant, you can mop it once a week or as needed. A Dust mop is a perfect solution even for an anti-slip concrete surface with an aggregate polymer. However, for the case of an aggressive anti-slip additive like aluminum oxide, it is advisable to use a soft push broom instead.
Workers generally use contraction joints or saw cuts to regulate the formation of cracks. This is common when a concrete’s planes are weak due to shrinkage. Its features expose nooks and crannies that are susceptible to debris build-up. In this case, you need to vacuum or sweep these spots monthly or as required.
For liquid spills or leaks, the best remedy is to spot clean it or wipe it off with a soft cloth. Surface cleaners can also combat stubborn stains.
Garage Floors Coating: Are They Worth the Money?
If doubts cloud your mind whether to give the garage floor coatings a try or not, we are here to tell you that it is well worth the money because:
- It is visually pleasing – Resinous systems such as epoxies offer flexible designs, colors, and styles. They can suit different tastes and purposes — from a bold seamless color to a neat and glittery concrete. Epoxies got you covered!
- It is long-lasting – Once you overlay your concrete with epoxy, rest assured that it withstands heavy equipment and daily foot traffic. It is resilient and can endure hard chemicals like bleach and other greasy liquids such as oil and auto fluids. Thus, it is appropriate for rugged and industrial settings like garage floors. Furthermore, it can survive the ever-changing garage environment. It is highly resistant to impacts, namely: high abrasion and scratch-resistant. It endures dry, wet, cold, and hot conditions that garages face from day-to-day. To up your game, apply a skid-resistant additive during the final coat to create a non-slip concrete surface.
- It is easy to maintain – Garage floor coatings provide floors a flawless finish. Our installers have already repaired pre-existing cracks or holes before the application process. Hence, it bears no pores, gaps, seams, or joints vulnerable to dust, dirt, and liquid spillages. You do not need to worry about such buzzkill situations!
- It is safe and hygienic – Pathogens and bacteria linger in unsanitary locations. But fret not! Well-maintained epoxy garage floors unfavorable environments for these minute enemies. Kansas City epoxy-based floor materials are odorless and do not emit corrosive fumes. They met the standards set by manufacturers for the health and safety of employees and end-users.
Aesthetic, durability, safety, and sanitation requirement – what is there not to like? You are a phone call away from sprucing up your garage floor. Call us at (816) 203-1599 and have your garage floor estimated and consulted with our licensed contractors.
Why Hire a Pro for Your Garage Floors Epoxy Coatings?
Aside from ensuring that your floors are faultless, professional epoxy flooring contractors also use industrial-grade coatings. These products are quality tested. Compared to its epoxy fortified DIY counterparts, the supplies we use are up-to-date, raw, and trusted in the market. The former is assured to last for years when properly installed, while the latter is prone to peeling and flaking.
The products used by Kansas flooring service providers meet the standards for residential, commercial, and industrial use. Hence, you can avoid occasional patchworks. Go from mediocre flooring solutions in hopes of saving up money to superior epoxy floors!
Well, no one is stopping you from self-installing a DIY product you bought from the market. However, to achieve a seamless and lasting finish, the floor work requires a skilled hand. Moreover, when experts do the job, they use specific tools for appropriate concrete preparation. Otherwise, all efforts are useless since the top coating will not bond properly.
Epoxy floors Kansas City workers employ prepping techniques such as light blasting and diamond grinding for concrete profiling. Holes and cracks are patched up and repaired as well with a specialized material. Here’s our take: whether you end up choosing us or not, repairing any damages from your concrete slab and subsequently preparing it is a must, and we highly recommend seeking a company with professional experience.
At epoxy flooring Kansas City, we are confident with our workforce with years of expertise. We make sure that we deliver the highest form of service right at your doorstep.
We cannot wait to work with you! Contact us today at (816) 203-1599 for further inquiries about our services or a free estimate from our Kansas City floor experts team. We guarantee you a great job for your concrete floors from start to finish!
Epoxy Floor Kansas City is a trusted and local-based company offering superb floor coating services. We don’t only specialize in high-grade epoxy flooring products, but we also deliver excellent work and quality service! Helping homes and businesses demanding high-caliber epoxy flooring systems is our goal.
Our decades of experience sets us apart from other epoxy flooring contractor companies. We offer broad options for resinous-based applications. All are suitable for residential and commercial spaces. We make sure that our licensed, bonded, and insured workers achieve the seamless finish for your garage surfaces.